Sunday, February 9, 2014

Seventh Internship Experience.

Last Thursday, I visited the HMNS for my internship. Christine, my mentor, was not available to help me so I had to clean the tank by myself. This was fun because it gave me a chance to really test out how much I knew about the tank. I started cleaning two rocks that I had previously cleaned, just to make sure nothing else was in them. After I cleaned these two rocks, it started on a small rock that I had never cleaned before. This rock was covered with plant junk, which took me a really long time to get off. I moved on to another rock, which was slightly bigger. This rock didn't have a ton of plant junk on it, but it did have a bristle worms. I had to pick each bristle worm out of each crevice. By the end, I had picked about 5 bristle worms out of this rock. I move onto my last rock. This rock had a lot of long plant junk on it. This plant junk was easier to get off since it was long, so I could just pull it off with my hands. It was then time for me to go, so I quickly cleaned up and went back to school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment