Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fifth Internship Experience!

On Monday, the 13th, I visited the Houston Museum of Natrual Sciences to work at my internship. Christine Batten, my mentor, was not there to help me because she was sick. This meant that I had to work alone. This turned out to be a good thing because it let me test my knowledge of the tank and equipment. I gathered the equipment and went upstairs to work on the tank. I then quickly re-cleaned some rocks that I had previously cleaned. This didn't take long so I had time to do other rocks. I pt those rocks back in the tank and then I took out another rock. I cleaned that rock of all of the aiptasias, plant junk, and flatworms. This took me about thirty minutes since there was so much plant junk. This plant junk was very hard to get off because it was so stuck. At the end of this rock,it was nearly time for me to leave. I then quickly cleaned off the tank and put my equipment away. I then had to go back to POHS.

No comments:

Post a Comment